We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager for an exciting opportunity in the Chicagoland area. As a Warehouse Manager, you will manage warehouse associates, monitoring work and ensuring the safe use of warehouse equipment. You will control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and help manage flow of finished products from production operations.
- Manage warehouse associates, monitoring work and ensuring the safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Maintain receiving of cores timely and work with billing specialist to issue credits where needed.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and inspecting existing equipment.
- Audit and review inventory while making recommendations on which items to order and restock.
- Help manage flow of finished products (freight) from production operations.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 3 years of production / warehouse experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Access.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing crucial tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.