- Check work instruction to ensure accurate settings for job to fabricate metal sheets.
- Identify and locate proper material thickness and gauge.
- Run production as instructed on a variety of machinery and equipment including de-burring equipment.
- Visually inspect production for burrs, scratches, rust and other defects.
- Check product against sample using tape measure.
- Separate rejected product for sorting.
- Return all hand tools, gages and parts, etc. to proper storage areas.
- Timely and accurate completion of all paperwork associated with the position.
- Verify, count and package completed production.
- Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Receives, understands and follows all written and oral instruction.
- Maintain meet or exceed rating on performance evaluations.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by Fabrication Supervisor.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- 2+ years of CNC Machinist and set up experience
- Ability to learn to speak, read and communicate in English
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Basic shop math understanding.
- Proficient in horizontal and vertical Lathes and Mills.
- Familiar with Mazatrol machines and Solid Works.
- Distinguish a variety of raw materials (stainless steel, cold rolled steel, etc.)