Per Sé Group's manufacturing client near O'Hare has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift CNC Machinist. Our client has been in business for over 100 years and is the world's leading manufacturer of commercial plumbing systems. Join a dynamic team who is passionate about connecting engineers, architects, designers, building managers, and owners to high-efficient products and systems designed to promote healthier water ecosystems for this and many generations to come!
- Work from blueprints, shop orders, tool sheets, computer printouts and instructions
- Rotate on a regular basis between the departments’ various lathe and milling work centers
- Set up work centers involving tasks including pulling of tooling, assembly of holders, and the setting of chucks, tooling vises and bar feeds
- Load bar stock, castings and other raw materials into work centers. Progress work center through to produce first piece part, inspecting for accurate dimensions and making the necessary adjustments to the work center
- Monitor ongoing machining operations, dimensionally inspect piece parts and troubleshoot work center difficulties involving tooling and equipment
- Use a variety of adjustable precision measuring instruments, fixed gauges, bench grinder and hand truck
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge of measurement tools including micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of Excel
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to understand G code