Per Se Group is offering a promising opportunity for a skilled Construction Manager to work in the role of Assistant CM with our global renewable energy client on a utility scale wind farm project in Canada. In this position you will work in conjunction with the site manager to oversee all employees and contractors and ensure compliance with the owner’s specifications. Acting as liaison between various contractors in order to facilitate resolution of issues and maintain progress, you will provide leadership, support and training for the on-site team. As an Owner’s site representative, you will be relied upon to help minimize change order claims and delays. This contract opportunity, which is anticipated through the end of the year, will likely be extended for an additional term based on weather conditions and project progress.
- Under leadership of the Construction Manager, perform daily monitoring of construction quality to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, QA/QC requirements, code requirements, contract requirements and good construction practices.
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly project meetings.
- Stand in place of the Construction Manager when the CM is off-site, relaying proper communication to key constituents and leadership as appropriate.
- Help monitor and facilitate tie-ins, start-up and testing to ensure proper turnover to operations. Participate in final project demobilization, documentation and close-out activities.
- Process, complete and maintain accurate documentation and records associated with the construction site including requests for information, submittals, change orders and drawings.
- Under direction of the Construction Manager, provide oversight of the Safety and Environmental compliance of personnel and subcontractors on site during construction. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and safety training requirements. Conduct and review safety analyses and reviews of hazards and energy sources.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Minimum of 6 years of construction experience in power generation or heavy industrial construction projects, with an emphasis on wind farm construction. 5 -7 years of construction supervisory experience.
- Able to read, understand and use key project documents including the Engineering Services Agreement, Construction Services Agreement, Turbine Supply Agreement, permits, land use and easement agreements, drawings and specifications.
- Be able to work independently, demonstrate strong leadership skills, and have experience supervising a team.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to generate reports, presentations and other documentation using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Ability to climb vertical ladders and work at heights of at least 300 feet.