Per Sé Group is hiring a skilled Boiler Operator to conduct testing in our shipping container based generator. Our client will be using propane or natural gas as a pilot fuel. In this role, you will be working hand-in-hand with the Steam Turbine Operator and Plant Manager to conduct a recorded 48 hour, 2 Day Power Generation test with propane or natural gas as a pilot fuel. You will also be responsible for start-up, operation, shutdown, and servicing of the natural gas boiler, as well as auxiliary equipment.
Our client provides smokeless, odorless, renewable power. They utilize plant based feedstocks like wood-waste, paper-waste, corn stalks, and miscanthus for carbon neutral electricity generation.
- Operating boiler for start-up, shut-down and maintenance during the testing period.
- Operating the make-up water supply (feed-water tank).
- Reviewing and applying Piping & Instrumentation Diagram to the 48-hour test.
- Reviewing, applying, and refining (under guidance of Project Manager and Coordinator) the Standard Operating Procedure to the 48-hour test.
- Create a tooling list and ensure all appropriate supplies and tooling are available for the job.
- Complying with established safety practices during the project period (API, NFPA, ASME [where applicable]).
- Hands on work and fast repair of any mechanical/electrical issues that arise as a result of testing.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- 5+ years of experience operating power generation boilers.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Steam-Turbine Operator and Project Manager for timely and safe delivery of project milestones.