Per Se Group has a great opportunity for a qualified chemist to work with our premier client in the oil and gas industry. In this role you will utilize your laboratory skills and experience to review analytical results and reports of regulatory and permit testing. You will work with a dynamic and supportive team that puts safety first and values initiative, cooperation, and communication!
- Develop and keep analytical procedures current in accordance with accepted ASTM, EPA SW846, Standard Methods, and CFR Part 40 or others as mandated by regulatory agencies or pipeline regulations.
- Review of statistical quality control data and charts and adjust as needed.
- Repair and maintenance of analytical equipment. Order and maintain available parts for the equipment.
- Train analysts in running analytical procedures, perform routine maintenance and test method assessments, and maintain quality control charts.
- Perform non-routine chemical analyses.
- Represent the laboratory in chartered teams such as the turn-around team and the refinery mass balance team. Keep abreast of developments in laboratory testing technology.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Directly related experience in petroleum laboratory.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications
- Experience in SAP or other business enterprise software
- Basic mechanical ability and understanding of operational principles of assigned area's testing instruments.
- Familiarity with laboratory methods and equipment for running tests.