DCS Project Engineer
- Location: Lima, 45804
- Compensation: 85-115 per hour
- Job Type:Contract
Posted 2 months ago
- Expiration Date: 03 April 2023
- Job Ref: 22870
Per Se Group has an excellent opportunity for an experienced DCS Project Engineer to join our energy client at a refinery in Ohio! In this role, you will utilize your skills and expertise to participate in designing control strategies for operations.
• Assist with P&ID and control scheme development.
• Attend HAZOP, initial collection of alarm data and consequences for not responding to alarms
• Work on design of the more complex control strategies, keeping them similar to other strategies in the facility for ease of operator understanding and maintenance.
• Identify any DCS infrastructure modifications/additions to support project.
• Participate in design of any infrastructure modifications/additions.
• Assign tag numbers and DCS I/O.
• Develop DCS Tag Database from Instrument Index to be provided to L&A for DCS Configuration and Operator Graphics development.
• Work with L&A to develop new and modified operator graphics.
• Work with L&A to develop, integrate, manage and implement various DCS databases: Points, alarms, assets, SCADA (data from PLC’s and SIS systems), alarm groups, operator menus, PHD (PI data).
• Participate in alarm rationalization.
• Loop Check, Start-up support & System clean-up post-project.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
• Refining process knowledge.
• Understanding of PSM processes.
• Knowledge of Honeywell DCS systems, software and infrastructure.
• Process Controls experience.
• Familiarity with Honeywell PHD and OSI Soft PI
Who are we?
Per Sé is passionate about finding you your next job. We are a leading workforce solution with 25+ years of experience in the Energy and Industrial markets. We seamlessly match people with the right job opportunities at the right time. Join our network to stay up to date on jobs relevant to your line of work.
People are our purpose
We believe in the power of unique perspectives. In that spirit, we strive to foster an environment in which people of all backgrounds are embraced and inspired. Per Sé values inclusivity, transparency, equal opportunity and care to all applicants and employees regardless of gender/gender identity, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and ability.