Per Sé Group is seeking an Electrical Construction Engineer for one of our premier renewable clients. An international leader in the renewable energy sector, our client has a substantial North American portfolio and is continuing to grow rapidly with billions of dollars in development and execution through 2030 and beyond. If you’re passionate about renewable energy and want to work for one of the best, you need look no further. This position requires travel for extended periods of time to domestic and international sites (per diem provided).
- Oversee the work performed by contractors in the construction of renewable energy facilities.
- Responsible for monitoring of construction quality to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, QA/QC requirements, code requirements, contract requirements and good construction practices.
- Assist in the management of electrical engineering contractors assigned to work on the design of renewable energy facilities, including definition of requirements and specifications, review of engineering drawings and RFI management. This includes active participation in the Safety in Design process.
- Create, process, complete and maintain accurate documentation and records associated with the construction site including request for information, submittals, change orders, drawings and job books.
- Assist in the monitoring of facilities tie-ins, start-up, and testing to ensure proper turnover to operations. Participate in final project demobilization, documentation and close-out activities.
- Oversee the electrical tests performed by electrical contractors on site prior to and during the commissioning of renewable energy facilities.
- Evaluate electrical equipment and material proposals; prepare bid tab evaluations for electrical equipment.
- Provide all the information needed to create the daily reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Oversight of electrical EPC contractor construction activities on heavy industry capital projects (energy facilities or renewable energy industry experience highly preferred).
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience designing with AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience providing drawing review and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- EIT Certification a plus.