Our client in the renewable energy industry is looking for an experienced electrical superintendent. This role will be responsible for the construction of the electrical infrastructures of a solar farm as the site electrical representative of the owner. This position will provide the oversight of the electrical work performed on site and ensure compliance with the owners specifications. The major electrical work will be the collector systems, substation, mounts, and interconnections.
- Review and provide guidance on electrical engineering, and electrical facilities construction to ensure project meets final design requirements of Owner Specifications.
- Monitor electrical construction activities and confirm completion according to IFC Plans or field revisions as determined
- Must be familiar with applicable federal, state, and local codes and ERCOT requirements to ensure electrical construction adheres to applicable federal, state and local codes and ERCOT requirements
- Act as focal point between contractors, site management and company representatives on electrical infrastructure elements
- Ensure adherence to all contractual requirements including HSE protocols, company policies, as well as local, state, and federal regulations
- Report progress and conformance with IFC Substation, Collection and Transmission Line Plans or field revisions as determined
- Report all non-conformances to Owner Project Manager and Site Construction Manager.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- 10 years of experience with construction management, oversight, or project management
- Owner’s representative experience in solar farm construction
- Knowledge of routing electrical cabling and installing electrical equipment
- Climbing certified or the ability to obtain climbing certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment