Per Sé Group has a great opportunity for a Production Supervisor with one of our major Power Plant clients (2,600-megawatt supercritical coal-fired power station in Ohio). As Energy Production Supervisor you are responsible for the first-level supervision of hourly crews engaged in the operations of a power plant. Operate and supervise unit operators & technicians in the generation of electrical power, as well as assisting in planning and coordinating outage related activities.
- Maintain and ensure safe working conditions, use of proper tools and equipment, and protective clothing & devices as well as training assigned safety employees.
- Assist in developing long and short-range plans for maintenance, capital improvement availability and staffing along with development of plant O&M, capital forecast and tracking and controlling of expenditures to meet approved budgets.
- Maintain awareness of plant operations to maintain optimum economy in the operation of the plant.
- Record and track discrepancies or errors, coordinate with others, make recommendations to correct and improve conditions. Take immediate necessary actions in case of emergency.
- Conduct equipment inspections and test plant equipment to determine operating condition and seek improvements/corrective actions.
- Oversee the analysis of control systems; recommend/make proper adjustments of systems to improve and ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Review, evaluate, and calculate power plant performance factors.
- Investigate, report and track incidents/accidents including root cause analysis and corrective action taken. Report findings to management and then communicate findings to employee
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Education: Associate degree in technical field or equivalent applied knowledge (see experience).
- 10 years power plant experience; OR 6 years power plant or related experience for engineering candidates.