Per Sé Group is seeking an Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager to oversee implementation and management of EHS standards and procedures at a 538-Mw dual-fired plant in Sewaren, New Jersey. Our client is a leading energy operator with over $20 billion dollars of assets under management. Over the past 10 years they have been consistently recognized for their operational commitment to best-in-class safety practices and performance and have earned 79 Combined Cycle Journal (CCJ) Best Practice Awards.
- Provide industrial safety support for a fossil fueled power plant.
- Perform oversight and compliance for implementations of federal/state permit requirements.
- Develop, implement, and complete improvement plans to support initiatives to reach top performance in safety and environmental fields.
- Participate in accident/incident investigations, EH&S audits, regulatory inspections, and other components of the EHS System
- Develop, prepare, and maintain records of reports to Federal, State, and local
- Must be able to work varying hours to support station evolutions.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- BS in Engineering, Environmental Science or Occupational Safety and Health or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA and applicable state environmental regulations fire protection requirements.
- A comprehensive understanding of NJ State and Federal environmental regulations and policies relevant to the operations of a power plant.
- Experience with Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) and Data Acquisition and Handling Systems (DAHS); Training in Environmental Compliance or management; CHMM or engineering professional certification (EIT or PE); Certified Safety Professional (CSP) (Desired)
- Previous work experience in a power plant setting (Desired)
- New Jersey N2 Licensed Operator for Wastewater Treatment Plant