Per Se Group has an immediate need for an I&E Tech for a power plant located in Connecticut. Under direct or general supervision, the I&E Tech routinely performs highly skilled work on all instrument and electrical equipment in the power plant. This includes testing, troubleshooting, calibrating, adjusting and constructing plant electrical and controls equipment, circuits, systems and related apparatus.
- Installs, tests, maintains, calibrates, and makes repairs on all makes and types of pressure, temperature and other supervisory instruments, transmitters, and similar controls equipment.
- Installs, tests, and maintains regulators, circuit breakers, motors, batteries, disconnecting switches, instruments, relays, lighting system apparatus, and other similar electrical equipment.
- Installs, maintains, removes, or replaces cable and plant wiring, including cable splicing.
- Maintains low and medium voltage switchgear and associated equipment.
- Installs, maintains, removes, or replaces pneumatic and hydraulic tubing and controllers.
- Maintains and repairs motors and associated equipment.
- Proficient in the use of electrical testing and troubleshooting equipment.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Two years of power plant or related industrial experience performing highly skilled electrical and controls system maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to read and understand complex and detailed blueprints, electrical drawings, schematics, P&ID’s, instruction manuals, etc.
- Must be able to work in both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, hot and cold temperatures and moderate to high noise environments. This position requires a person to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, push, walk, stand and climb.
- Must be willing and able to work extra and/or irregular hours including holidays and weekends.
- Advanced education in electrical, electronics, instrumentation or related technical discipline preferred.