Per Se is seeking a Laboratory Technician to work for one of our top clients in Glendale, AZ. This role will be under moderate supervision and responsible for finished product, quality control, and specification compliance testing. The Laboratory Technician manages and communicates test data, verifies test equipment, executes various proficiency sample testing programs, and conducts routine laboratory tasks.
• Conducts routine product quality control and product or specification compliance testing
• Enters and maintains lab results in proper databases and written records, and communicates results to assigned area’s management and other personnel to permit formulation adjustment where needed
• Verifies and maintains testing instruments and ancillary test equipment
• Manages expendable laboratory supplies
• Execute requirements of Quality Manual and related quality systems
• Conduct experiments aimed at securing and verifying finished product and other special assignments critical to business
• Run control standards on test equipment, plot test results, report any out-of-control situations, and document action taken.
• Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
• Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
Skills and Expertise
• Bachelor’s or Associate's Degree in Chemistry
• 1 year laboratory or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to perform routine tests such as D86 distillations, sulfur, pour, flash, color and API gravity
• Elementary algebra and proficiency with spreadsheet and word-processing software
• Job conditions may require lifting up to 50lbs, sitting and bending
• Ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles - Valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required.