Per Se Group is hiring for an Operations and Maintenance Technician for one of our premier clients in the power generation industry at the St Charles Energy Center which is a 2x1 gas fired combined cycle facility utilizing GE 7FA.05 Gas Turbines and D11 Steam Turbine. The Operations/Mechanical Technician position will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all electrical and mechanical equipment in the facility. This role will perform work requiring a high level of skill in the inspection, repair, testing, adjustment, installation and removal of all electrical and mechanical power plant equipment and systems. Individuals who have demonstrated experience in a multi-skill set that are needed at power plants are preferred.
- Maintenance of a combined cycle power plant to include troubleshooting, calibrating, repairing, tuning, and replacing electrical & mechanical equipment and components.
- 480v to 4160v proficient in motors, transformers, and associated switch gear.
- Proficient in 24Vdc to 125Vdc systems and ability to troubleshoot switches, solenoids, protective relays, and switch gear.
- Knowledge of excitation systems and generators.
- Ability to troubleshoot at control card level for control circuits, including open and closed loop circuits.
- Ability to calibrate numerous types of field devices to include pressure, flow, differential, and level transmitters.
- Knowledge and the ability to diagnose and repair turbine controls including servos, temperature devices and gas controls.
- Maintain all plant instrumentation, electrical and mechanical test equipment.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive calibration program for all applicable equipment.
- Ability to read ISO drawings and PID’s.
- Skilled and proficient in laser alignment of high-speed pumps compressors and fans.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and repairing MOV and AOV actuators.
Preferred Skills & Expertise
- 5-7 + years related experience required working in a power plant environment or relevant military experience.
- Should be familiar with the usage of test equipment and other precision test instruments to be used in identifying problems.
- Welding and fabrication skills a plus.
- Completion of extensive technical training in electrical/mechanical work is required.
- Specific power plant experience in combined cycle process with GE 7FA combustion turbines preferred.
- Understanding of MARK VIe control systems preferred.