Here with Per Se Group our client has requested help with a Screw Machinist. Our client has been in business for over 75 years and continues to lead the way within their respective industries. With experience in plastics and molding you will be performing the duties required to operate numerically controlled machines to perform sequences of operations to fabricate plastic materials under direct supervision.
- Stock and load the screw machines, keeping it filled with proper oil levels, cutting fluids or lube, and keeping the machines free of chip build-up
- Monitor the screw machines, making changes to speed, feed rates or tool position to ensure accurate production of the plans within the part specifications.
- Perform all necessary quality checks to verify that the parts meet specification of the blueprints by using a variety of tools including calipers and micrometers.
- Detect and report all defective materials or questionable conditions to the Manufacturing Supervisor and/or Branch Manufacturing Manager
- Trouble shoot machines and perform regular maintenance on the screw machines including sharpening of basic tools such as drill bits and cut-off tools to manufacture parts.
- Keep accurate counts and production records, perform final inspection, complete paperwork, and prepare parts for transport to packaging.
- May run other machines and perform all other job duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS& REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Requires a high school education or GED, trade school a plus.
Experience: 1 year Screw Machine Apprentice and 2 years of experience preferred
- Must maintain and safeguard the confidential information of the company
- Must comply with company policies and procedures
- Must maintain a clean work environment following all safety procedures and regulations
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to read and interpret measuring equipment such as gauges blueprints, micrometers, calipers, depth, and dimensional micrometers
- Ability to effectively work and interact with others
- Ability to use strong verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Ability to be well organized and prioritize successfully
- Ability to deal with internal customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to operate basic machine controls in a safe manner
- Ability to verify part to print
- Ability to change tools
Machine, Tools, Equipment, and Work Aids:
PCs and application software, calculators, operate and setup manual lathes, saws, pedestal grinder, and measuring device