Per Se Group is searching for a top-notch Senior CAD Designer to work with our client, who is utilizing climate technology to accelerate America’s energy transition to a clean, thriving economy by building an uncommon hydropower platform. If you think of yourself as a curious learner and are passionate about making a significant climate contribution as they design and deploy thoughtful hydropower facilities, we want you.
- Work closely with the team’s Engineers (architectural, civil/structural, hydrotechnical, mechanical, and electrical) to support the design and layout of new and existing hydropower facilities.
- Perform engineering analysis, prepare concepts and details, and direct preparation of design drawings in 2D and 3D environments utilizing AutoCAD and Revit.
- Develop preliminary Hydroelectric and Hydraulic Structure project layouts,
- Provide civil/ site design and drafting support, and preliminary electrical drafting support during project development to support the Project Development pipeline.
- Review topographic surveys, point cloud data, and land rights legal descriptions, and reconcile with project constraints map/ project layout.
- Perform preliminary grading and earthwork calculations to support the project bidding process.
- Assist in civil related design or reviews of road, civil excavations, temporary structures, tie back walls, cofferdams plans and profiles, mass grading, earthwork take-offs, material quantity take-offs, and erosion control.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- High school diploma and associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Graduate from a Civil Engineering or Land Surveying program preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant technical and/or design experience; utility-scale solar power plant design desirable.
- Advanced proficiency with BIM, AutoCAD, Revit and Civil3D software.
- Working knowledge/ experience with GIS data and platforms.
- Basic understanding of civil, electrical, and structural design/ drafting as it relates to Hydroelectric and Hydraulic Structure projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Notepad.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver’s license.