Per Se Group has a great new position for a Solar Commissioning Manager with our premier client in renewable energy. In this role, you will utilize your technical expertise and project leadership to exercise supervision over commissioning activities for solar and energy storage projects. You will have the benefits of working with a reputable leader in the renewable energy industry, being part of a dynamic and high-functioning construction leadership team, and enjoying competitive compensation.
- Oversee field commissioning activities and processes performed by EPC contractors including Solar Field, BESS Systems, Substation, Inverter, Tracker, Transformer, Meteorological station, Performance Instruments, SCADA, and Point of Interconnection related utility testing.
- Question designs and assumptions and present value engineering ideas to the project teams.
- Review substation and solar/energy storage plant equipment factory and field-testing reports including inverters, transformers, medium and low voltage cables, fiber optic cables, grounding, etc.
- Review substation, solar and energy storage plant commissioning plans.
- Review EPC contractor’s Switching Order Log, LOTO and Commissioning Log.
- Participate in review of electrical drawings, electrical specifications, calculations, and studies; Review of electrical studies including but not limited to load flow, reactive power capability, short circuit, relay coordination and arch flash.
- Clear understanding of plant output optimization, LOTO, testing and commissioning procedures.
- Provide on-site technical and operational support in the installation and testing of electrical equipment and systems, plus other responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus 5 years of equivalent experience or 10+ years of demonstratable parallel experience as Solar Construction Commissioning Manager.
- NFPA 70E & OSHA 30 Certification or ability to obtain these certification
- Familiar with NETA standards and testing requirements for Electrical Equipment in Substation and PV and Storage Plants Experience in large electric construction, gas and electric operations, project management, or related area.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct equipment fault or deficiency.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and cooperate effectively with multidisciplinary and multinational teams and provide practical support throughout the commissioning and ramp-up phase of all assigned projects.
- Ability to work comfortably in potentially remote field conditions and manage multiple tasks and projects.