Are you a Solar Design Engineer looking for a stable position with a major utility, living & working in a city that consistently is ranked a "Top 10" place to live nationally? As a Solar Design Engineer with our client, you would get to do just that. You would support the Design Review / Engineering for their Solar Program. In addition, you would support their ambitious mission of producing "Net Zero" generation by 2050.
- Manage detailed layout design
- Evaluate project siting constraints, solar module, inverter, and racking technologies, BOP (balance of plant) considerations, and solar resource data to maximize project value.
- Utilize performance modeling software to prepare energy production estimates
- Review technology and feasibility studies
- Be a technical expert for project management team
- Optimize layouts in order to maximize project value
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts.
- Participate in landowner meetings, community outreach events, and monthly construction meetings
- Spearhead team initiatives
- Assist local permitting efforts
- Support preparation of sales proposals
- Interface with the Project Management and Operations teams
- You have 3+ years experience in the solar energy industry, preferably working with the design of new solar and project experience
- You must have knowledge of new construction and engineering technical review/support to execution
- You have the ability to be technical lead design engineering
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering