As a Substation Engineer, you will perform engineering design work for high voltage substations. You will be an important part of the engineering team. Your design skills and ability to work in engineering application software will fulfill a critical need for a company in the energy industry. You will work as a direct employee.
- Work within a project team to create all design documents and drawings for a project
- Perform engineering support tasks such as relay burden, lighting, load flow, and short circuit calculations with minimal supervision
- Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, relay coordination, transformer sizing, and load flow and short circuit studies with minimal supervision
- Apply engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other relevant field
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in hands-on substation engineering design is required; experience in both physical design and protection & control systems is preferred
- Must be a PE or eligible for professional licensing.