As a Cost Analyst, you will be responsible for the proper setup, maintenance, and reporting of project cost information to track performance against approved budgets, future commitments, and actual costs. The position will require you to identify deviations or issues as they occur, forecast future spending, and report results to the key stakeholders in Project Engineering and Management. You will have a key role in the implementation of the standard project execution process that is aligned with the corporate Project Delivery Model (PDM) process as well as the Operational Integrity Management System (HOIMS).
- Assist with budget preparation and cost reporting, tracking, accruals, and reconciliation of expenditures.
- Identify and quantify emerging changes and report on cost deviations. Monitor risks and control measures and manage contingencies.
- Review, assess, and analyze contractor cost performance during engineering, procurement, and construction through to commissioning phase of the project.
- Critically analyze existing cost control procedures, practices, and standards and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Perform document management, scheduling, and administrative duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Engineering or related area
- Minimum 3 years of cost control experience in a related industry
- Knowledge of all phases associated with project execution, standard engineering deliverables, procurement, and construction deliverables
- Knowledge of SAP and/or other similar cost management software used in the oil and gas industry