As an Electrical and Instrumentation Inspector for our leading Oil & Gas client, you will oversee the contractor’s activities related to Electrical and Instrumentation, ensuring that equipment and materials are installed, tested and inspected to project requirements. You will support the Quality and Construction team in equipment/area walk-downs to validate completion of construction to support mechanical completions and commissioning. Additionally, you will lead a group of inspectors to focus on verification and assurance to the project specifications. Your strong interpersonal skills will enable you to lead the quality team and guide the contractors' quality of work in a proactive and integrated manner.
- Ensure contractors and their subcontractors implement the approved quality systems and procedures to meet client’s expectations and contract requirements.
- Perform inspection and verification of both in-process and completed work activities, witnessing testing performed by contractor and their subcontractors, and review of documentation.
- Perform inspections and verify work is in compliance with project drawings, specifications, and applicable codes including regulatory requirements.
- Complete daily inspection reports/checklists and maintain records.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Post-secondary education in the field of engineering or engineering technology as it relates to Electrical and Instrumentation. Knowledge of quality management systems including auditing and continuous improvement processes.
- Extensive knowledge and working understanding of the various applicable codes and standards.
- 10-15 years’ experience in offshore construction focused on Electrical and Instrumentation equipment, installations and completion. Experience working in US is an asset.