Per Se Group has an immediate need for a skilled Master Scheduler of Refinery Projects for our leading client in the Mid-west. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing and maintaining multiple project schedules from feasibility studies to the planning and implementation phases to ensure that projects present a realistic schedule and reliable execution plans and ensuring key stakeholders are informed and aligned. You will work with both third-party contractors and internal clients and demonstrate strong customer service and communication skills in support of project managers and Major Projects leadership. Throughout the life cycle of the projects, you will liaise with project management, consulting engineering firms, corporate project services, construction and operations teams, external EPC contractors and external construction contractors. You will be part of an outstanding flagship refinery team, utilizing your skills to communicate full project scope.
- Develop resource-loaded level I, II, III & IV integrated project schedules under the direction of the Project Managers and Project Controls Manager.
- Build & maintain the master schedule for the Lima Refinery project portfolio.
- Integrate schedules of EPC firms and construction and establish logical work sequences to fit priorities identified by Project Execution strategy.
- Organize and facilitate interactive project planning sessions and coordinate with estimating and project cost specialists for cost & schedule alignment.
- Consolidate the progress and performance reporting for the project from EPC and construction; support Construction Management Team (CMT) for monitoring construction progress.
- Report baseline schedules against plan (dashboard) and provide management reports as requested by project management team.
- Interface with supply chain management for schedule activity inclusion and progress updates.
- Ensure all schedule changes are documented through change management system as per project requirement. Create and present schedule basis for assigned integrated schedules and perform manpower resource loading for assigned schedules as required.
- Participate in yearly work planning meetings with area portfolio managers.
- Perform critical path analysis and identify and report activities which have critical or potential impact on schedule
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- 10 years experience in project scheduling or combination of planning and scheduling of engineering projects and/or construction, preferably as owner's rep in the Oil & Gas industry. Refining or chemical projects experience preferred.
- Expert proficiency in Primavera P6
- Developing portfolio or program summary master schedules with various WBS methodologies
- Importing multiple schedules into an integrated master schedule and assigning dependencies and logic links enabling the IMS to ebb and flow based on results of imported data
- Thorough knowledge of Engineering, Supply Chain, Fabrication, and Construction processes as part of project execution
- Excellent planning, time management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Prior experience in project completion and turnover, with an understanding of applicable constraints impacting successful turnover to operations
- Team player with strong leadership and collaboration skills and the ability to effectively guide a project team
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple concurrent assignments.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively guiding multiple project teams and communicating across business functions in an effective and professional manner
- Thrives in an environment of challenge, disagreement, and ambiguity
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, along with the understanding and Proven commitment to Safety, Health, and Environmental standards