As Piping Inspector for our leading Oil & Gas client, you will be focused on continuous improvement opportunities and provide guidance to site team, contractors, and management on quality management. You will lead the site quality team to verify contractor implementation of key quality processes and compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure contractor and their subcontractors implement the approved quality systems and procedures to meet client’s expectations and contract requirements
- Perform inspection and verification of both in-process and completed work activities, witnessing testing performed by contractor and their subcontractors, and review of documentation
- Perform inspection and verification of both in-process and completed piping work activities, witnessing testing performed by KOS and their subcontractors, and review of documentation.
- Perform inspections and verify work is in compliance with project drawings, specifications, and applicable codes including regulatory requirements. Complete daily inspection reports / checklist and maintain records
- Perform material control and storage, personnel qualification, review of NDE reports and witness testing; and dimensional control
- Complete weekly reporting to Site Lead and Quality Manager related to scope specific activities
- Conduct Field level inspections and report deficiencies and areas of concern
- Work with site and contractor quality terms to solve problems and implement corrective actions when deficiencies are discovered
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Must possess the ability to read, analyze, and understand contract documents, codes & standards, specifications and drawings. CSA B51, CAN/CSA-Z19902, ASME XI and ASME B31.1 apply.
- Multi discipline experience/abilities (such as structural inspection experience) will be given preference
- Knowledge of job or industry specific practices or processes; critical/unique skills/knowledge
- Experience directly applicable to the position
- Level II Certification in the following
- Radiography testing and able to read and interpret radiography
- Ability to ready and interpret piping and structural drawings