Our client is seeking a dynamic and motivated Regional Sales Manager to develop, cultivate and maintain customers, prospects, and partners within the residential solar and storage markets. The candidate will play a fundamental role in defining and executing on the strategies required to achieve our ambitious market share and revenue growth objectives.
- Take ownership and manage distributor relationships by developing account strategies and executing on these toward achievement of assigned sales quotas
- Identify prospects, establish, and maintain relationships, and increase market share with solar installers and distributors toward achievement of assigned sales quotas
- Coordinate account support with Applications Engineering, Sales Administration, Finance and Inside Sales as required
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of customer sales forecasts – financial forecasting for revenue/gross margin and risk
- Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for company to deliver value to installers and distributors
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in establishing and/or managing key accounts through a value-added reseller channel
- Must be bi-lingual (English, Spanish)
- Experience promoting technical products and selling “the company” to senior executives
- Proven ability to communicate financial, technical and market analysis in both written and verbal formats
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access; as well as experience working with common ERP software
- Must be able to travel frequently and without impediment within the Americas
- Proven ability to prescribe, influence and convince with strong communication skills (internal & external audiences)
- Strong degree of accuracy in work, excellent attention to detail
- This role 90% of their territory is Puerto Rico, targeting local. 2nd choice is south Florida. If they are local, they won’t leave Puerto Rico more than 10% of the time. If south Florida it will be 25%+ Travel at least 1 week month they will be gone.
- Rest of the territory is the Caribbean and Latin America.
- Looking for people with Solar Distributor experience or Solar Installer experience
- All residential and Off Grid projects.
- 5 years of Solar sales experience is ideal, 3 ½ years with a direct competitor experience (Solark, Tesla, and Enphase) would consider a serious look.
Not people managers, working with an application engineer. Currently a Niche product but in about 18 months we will have a mainstream offer that will result is growth for this role, bot is responsibility and revenue.
Interview process will be 15 minutes with me. 30-45 min with the HM, and then a 3rd and final interview with another team member with the HM again possibly.