Per Sé Group has an exciting new Senior Design Engineer opportunity for one of our premier aerospace manufacturing clients. With experience spanning more than 65 years of designing and manufacturing a range of mechanical and electro-mechanical products and systems to customers applications. Our client is committed to understanding and meeting the quality needs and expectations of their customers and strives for continual improvement. In their product design area, our client has already implemented incorporation of key characteristics in every newly designed product; this incorporation will lead them to achieve an even quicker awareness of any quality issue that might occur. If you are a proven leader who wants to make a meaningful impact with a reputable aerospace company, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with research and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Identifies design risk early in the program and develops mitigation plan.
- Communicate deeply technical test or analysis results, in written or verbal form, to a less technically orientated stakeholder.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- B.S. in Engineering, or Associates Degree in a related field with at least five (5) years of experience.
- Supports Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) activities associated with development or qualification problems.
- Provides and/or recommends training to entry level engineers in the department.
- Evaluate technical specifications and flow down the appropriate requirements to test procedures and compliance matrices.
- Must have 3D CAD experience, SolidWorks preferred, and must have FEA experience.