Per Se Group has an excellent opportunity for a Utility Locator Inspector to work with our major utility client in Washington State. Our client is one of the largest energy companies in the state and provides an outstanding work environment in which you can grow professionally. In this position you will act as an owner’s rep to perform necessary inspections and related functions, including inspection of overhead and underground utility work. You will provide oversight of contractors’ work and demonstrate how to perform location work according to company specifications.
- Perform inspections and make measurements of observations, gather data and information, and maintain various records as assigned.
- Work is generally outdoors and may occur during moderately adverse conditions to include weather, traffic, dampness, exposure to storm water and waste water flows and atmospheres.
- Review work in progress and completed work through observation, documents and reports submitted. Document results obtained.
Preferred Skills and Expertise
- Lineman experience is a plus. Must be able to read and use field maps and have knowledge of natural gas utilities and electricity.
- At least 5 years experience in utility inspection and locating preferred.
- Owner's rep experience is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and basic computer skills. Ability to use an iPad is a plus.