Per Se Group has an excellent full-time direct hire job opportunity for an experienced Corporate Safety Specialist with knowledge of power generation, utilities, large-scale construction, or oil & gas industries. This role is an in-person position requiring the ability to work onsite in Chicago. In this role you will work at the US headquarters of our international renewable energy client to implement and maintain safety standards throughout the organization. If you have a background as a corporate safety manager in renewable energy or would like to advance your career from traditional energy or construction to the growing renewable energy sector, this position would be an excellent opportunity for you.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Industrial Safety and Hygiene policies, procedures, and systems based on US OSHA, Canadian MOL, and ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System.
- Organize and provide oversight of various industry specific safety training, including training for rescue, climb and confined spaces.
- Organize and oversee training involving high voltages for power generation, battery storage, and transmission.
- Investigation of work-related accidents on operating and construction sites; determine root causes; provide corrective actions; follow through on implementation
- Design and update emergency action plans as well as supervise annual drills
- Travel to operating and construction sites to provide instruction, support, and to perform annual internal audits
- Must hold or be eligible to hold a US Passport; travel to Canada and other countries; overnight travel 25-50%
- BS degree in Engineering, Occupational Safety, or related field; 4 years of military or industrial/construction field experience; or combination
- Strong knowledge of OSHA regulations and compliance, as well as other industrial and construction related safety regulations and protocols
- Ability to create and review organization-wide and site-specific safety protocols, training programs, policies, and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to use standard office computer software.
- Basic knowledge of electrical testing equipment and testing protocol safety
- 5 years or more experience in a corporate safety oversight position
- Professional H&S certification a plus (CSP, COSS, ASP, OHST, CHST); First Aid, CPR and AED